Skip to Content
Spartanburg County School District 6
Select a school from the district
Anderson Mill Elementary
Jesse S. Bobo Elementary
Lone Oak Elementary
Pauline-Glenn Springs Elementary
West View Elementary
Woodland Heights Elementary
Child Development and Family Services Center
L. E. Gable Middle
R. P. Dawkins Middle
Dorman Freshman Campus
R. D. Anderson Applied Technology Center
Virtual School K-8
Virtual School 9-12
District Six Arts
District Six Athletics
Search this site
What are you looking for? ...
District Six Goals
Directions to WVES
School Report Card
Message from Principal
Report to the Community
Show Recent News
Show Upcoming Events
Wildcat Summer Wonders Camps
2016-2017 Kindergarten registration
View all news
View all events
West View Elementary School, in partnership with its entire community, will educate each student by providing a positive, challenging, and enriched learning environment that enables each student to become a life-long learner and a responsible citizen in an increasingly global society.
1. We believe that all students can learn.
2. We believe student learning should be our first priority.
3. We believe each student is a valued individual with unique physical, social, emotional and intellectual needs.
4. We believe students learn in different ways and should be provided with a variety of instructional practices that support learning.
5. We believe students need to demonstrate knowledge and skills as well as be actively involved in solving problems and producing quality work.
6. We believe that family and community involvement strengthens student performance.
7. We believe a safe, inviting, and physically comfortable environment promotes student learning.
8. We believe a student’s self-esteem is enhanced by positive relationships and mutual respect among and between students and staff.
9. We believe students need character development to encourage ethical thinking and to motivate them to do their personal best.
10.We believe physically fit and active children are better prepared and are more successful students.
11.We believe students need to demonstrate ever-changing technology proficiencies as they prepare for a global society.
12.Finally, we believe the commitment to continuous improvement is imperative if our school is going to enable students to become confident, self-directed, life-long learners who make positive contributions to society.
Revised and adopted January, 2009 (School Improvement Council)
400 Oak Grove Road
© Copyright Spartanburg County School District 6